Hallett Financial Group’s Privacy Promise
Hallett Financial Group (HFG) takes your privacy very seriously. We share a commitment to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal and financial information.
The information we collect and the extent to which we use it will vary depending on the product or service involved. In fact, in certain cases, we may not collect or share some of the types of information noted below. For example, in a number of cases we may have an agreement with a third party that limits the sharing of information about its customers with another company. These agreements will continue to be honored. Our privacy promise derives from basic principles of trust, ethics, and integrity:
- We collect only the customer information necessary to consistently deliver responsive products and services.
HFG collects information that helps serve your financial needs; provide high standards of customer service; develop and offer new products or services for our customers and potential customers; and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. The information collected generally varies depending on the products or services you request and may include:
- Information provided in personal interviews or on applications and related forms, for example, name, address, Social Security number and annual income.
- Responses from your employer, benefit plan sponsor, or association regarding any group products we may provide, for example, name, age, address and Social Security number.
- Third-party reports, such as consumer credit history, motor-vehicle records, demographic, and/or medical information, if relevant to your product or service.
- We maintain safeguards to ensure information security.
We have security practices and procedures in place to prevent unauthorized use or access to your nonpublic personal information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees or service providers who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. They are required to respect the confidentiality of all customer information.
- We limit how, and with whom, we share customer information.
First and foremost, we do not sell lists of our customers, nor do we disclose customer information to marketing companies outside of HFG, with the exception of companies we may hire to provide specific services for us, as described below.Under no circumstances do we share medical information for marketing purposes.We will share customer information only for the following reasons:
- When it is necessary to disclose information to third parties to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize.
- When you have requested a life insurance product, HFG may use a common application or authorization to avoid multiple medical tests; in this way, the information you provide and authorize us to obtain may subsequently be used by one or all of these companies as necessary to determine – and offer to you – the product most appropriate for your needs.
- Examples of third parties with whom we may share your information include: Insurance companies, mutual fund companies, insurance support organizations, and other product sponsors to effect purchases and sales and allow for the servicing of your account.
- Your agent or broker/dealer; clearing agencies through whom we clear and settle securities transactions.
- Businesses, like banks and other financial institutions with whom we have an agreement for the marketing and sale of products and services.
We may be required by law or regulation to disclose information to third parties – for example, in response to a subpoena; to prevent fraud; and to comply with rules of, or inquiries from, industry regulators.
Furthermore, as permitted by federal and state laws, we may share or exchange information with companies engaged to work with us, such as:
- Third-party administrators and vendors hired to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize; to develop or maintain software; or to perform marketing research.
- Financial services entities, such as banks, credit unions, credit union service organizations, thrifts, thrift service organizations, insurance companies, or securities broker-dealers, with which we have joint marketing agreements. The information we may share is described in Section 1.
- Reputable consumer reporting agencies in connection with your application or renewal of insurance coverage. Other than what is described herein, we won’t share information about you with third parties to market products to you, unless we tell you about it first, and give you a chance to say no.
While this policy may change from time to time, you can always review our current policy online at www.hallettfinancial.com
In this notice of our privacy promise, the words “you” and “customer” are used to mean any individual who obtains or has obtained a financial product or service through Hallett Financial Group.
For additional information, view our Disclaimer Page.